Villages in the Lower Volga region were given a fixed amount of land, as described in the History section. Land was divided, and re-divided periodically, among the households and families in the village. By the time the 1850’s were reached, the amount of land for each family was so small that families could not grow enough crops to both use as food and sell for income.
The solution was to found new villages, called daughter colonies, in parts of the Lower Volga region were no villages existed. Most of these villages were on the east side of the Volga River.
Daughter colonies founded by people from Dobrinka are as follows:
Neu-Galka was founded in 1860 by Lutheran colonists resettling from Galka and Dobrinka. After the deportation of 1941, the area occupied by the former village was absorbed into the nearby Russian town of Pallasovka and is today a neighborhood of Pallasovka.
Alt-Weimar was founded in 1861 by Lutheran colonists from Dobrinka, Galka, Stephan, Schwab and Moor.
Neu-Weimar was founded in 1861 as a Lutheran colony by colonists who relocated from Dobrinka, Galka, Stephan and Schwab.
Eckheim was founded in 1855 by Lutheran colonists resettling from Dobrinka, Holstein, Mueller, Galka, Kraft, Schwab, Grimm and Shcherbakovka.
Erlenbach was founded in 1847 as a Lutheran colony by colonists resettling from Dobrinka, Grimm, Franzosen, Doenhof, Stephan, Shcherbakovka, Galka, Holstein and Schwab.
The colony of Oberdorf was officially founded in 1852 (1847 by one source) as a Lutheran colony by colonists resettling from Dobrinka, Norka, Grimm, Kutter, Doenhof, Stephan, Shcherbakovka, Galka, Holstein, Mueller and Schwab.
The colony of Strassburg was founded in 1860 along the left bank of the Torgun River by Lutheran colonists from Balzer, Kraft, Shcherbakovka, Stephan, Holstein, Galka, Schwab and Dobrinka.